Former Reality Star Jon Gosselin Accused of Child Abuse

Jon Gosselin of Jon & Kate Plus 8 has been accused of child abuse after an incident involving his 16-year-old son, Collin. There is currently an investigation underway.

Jon and Kate Gosselin along with their eight children starred on the show Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC from 2007 to 2017. They are parents to twins Cara and Madelyn, now 19, and sextuplets Alexis, Aaden, Joel, Leah, Hannah, and Collin, 16. Jon and Kate divorced in 2009 after major fallout including Jon accusing Kate of abuse. Hannah and Collin currently live with Jon, while the rest of the sextuplets and the twins live with Kate. In 2016, Kate announced that Collin would be enrolled in an away-from-home program for children with special needs, where he stayed for two years before moving in with his father. The children who live with Kate have no communication with their father, but keep in touch with their siblings. 

Related: 15 Secrets From Jon And Kate Plus 8 You Had No Idea About

On Thursday, People reported that Collin went public about an incident that involved his father punching and kicking him. In a now-deleted Instagram post, Collin wrote, “My dad is a liar. Yesterday he beat me up and thought nothing of it, he punched me in the face and gave me a swollen nose and I started bleeding. He then continued to kick me in the ribs after I was on the floor. He is a liar.” The County of Berks, Pennsylvania Child & Youth Services recently notified Kate that there was an ongoing investigation into the incident. She told People on Thursday, “You do not punch or kick your children. You do not kick a child. I don’t want to hear excuses from anyone, not from his father, not from local law enforcement, not from court personnel whose job is supposedly to ensure the best interests of my children. There is a child abuse law, PA 23, section 8i states that doing any of the following, regardless of whether it causes injury, is child abuse.” Kate added that she did not want any of her children to be around Jon anymore.

A source for People said that the incident occurred after Collin and his father had a fight while driving home. “When they got home, [Collin] was still screaming and cursing and he went into the garage and got a big heavy bottle of liquid, and hurled it at Jon’s car, denting it,” the source said, “Jon got out of the car enraged, put him in a headlock, punched him square in the nose, and when Collin fell to the ground, then he kicked him in the ribs.” The story is consistent with what Collin wrote on Instagram, and what is written in the CYS report. After hearing the story, Kate said, “I am horrified that this man is the father of my children. I don’t want my children to be associated with someone who loses his mind because his car got dented.” 

The CYS told People that there have been no charges or citations in the incident, meaning Jon will probably not face legal repercussions for it. Kate responded to this saying it “makes me sick to my stomach.” She continued to say that she is not going to back down on this issue. “I am spotlighting this, and I will keep shouting about it, in hopes that the authorities and the courts will finally do the right thing. Do not return my child to an abuser’s home. Jon needs to be charged with a crime,” she said. Kate also responded to Jon’s earlier allegations that she was an abuser, which were unfounded. She said, “Say whatever you want about me, and I’ll stay on the high road. But you harm my children, I’m ready to fight back.”As the story develops, we’ll have to see if any of the other children come forward with similar stories. If this is an isolated incident, Jon will most likely not face any repercussions for his actions.

Next: Ending Keeping Up With The Kardashians Was Mostly A Business Decision

Source: People



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/2FltcQP
Former Reality Star Jon Gosselin Accused of Child Abuse Former Reality Star Jon Gosselin Accused of Child Abuse Reviewed by VIRAL on 05:57 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.